Wednesday, June 23, 2010

23. I Worry Too Much (Positive)

I've been working at Open Emotion Studios for what seems like my entire life but has actually only been three weeks. I mean that in the best possible way, of course. I feel ridiculously at home there, so much so that I keep assuming I'll be dragged away at any moment. Indeed, the first few days I was convinced that either my life had become the Truman Show (I had always suspected) or that I was in fact at a summer camp for which I would receive a rather natty certificate at the end of the week. But no. In fact I was doing an actual job (my first ever proper job), a job for which under better circumstances I would have been paid. I still have to say it to myself occasionally: James, you are making games. I am pretty much literally living the dream at this point. It's not a terribly ambitious dream, but I don't care. It's like dreaming of owning a Porsche for years, and then finding out you can pick up a classic for the price of a tiny hatchback (true story). Indubitably the dream is being lived, but not in precisely the way you imagined, and at considerably less expense. It doesn't make it any less awesome.

That's all for this post, but I have a sister Negative one coming up tonight. For all you cynics out there. And the one in here.

1 comment:

  1. Take note: This article could be widely reproduced because long as the AUTHOR’S resource box at often the bottom of this article is included and and all of links should be Active/Linkable having no syntax modifications.
    asikqq
    dewaqq
    sumoqq
    interqq
    pionpoker
    rajawaliqq
    hobiqq
    paito warna terlengkap
    http://192.254.236.33/interqq78/
    datahk

    ReplyDelete