Monday, November 16, 2009

12. If it isn't broken... (Negative)

This morning we had our final lecture in Computer Applications (for our new readers: that's the website-building module) and just for giggles the lecturer opened the group wiki to check how things were progressing.

It didn't go well.

Our group is still at the top of the list, and we're pretty happy with the site so far, but when he opened the page (in Internet Exploiter) there was nothing.

Completely blank page.

Embarrassing. Especially for me, 'cos there were only two people from my group there, and I've become the de facto project leader, *and* I was the last person I know of to be working on the damn thing.

Needless to say, I raced home (luckily it was a short lecture) and spent half an hour fixing the problem. The solution? Revert to a backup version of the page.

Sigh.

Project meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment